Day 1: Photogrammetry 101: History, Point Cloud Construction
1. The History of Photogrammetry
2. Typical Deliverables for Photogrammetry: Why use photogrammetry
3. Photogrammetry vs. Lidar
5. Practical exercises to demonstrate initial workflow.
6. Ground Control Point Distribution, Creation and Implementation
7. Orthomosaic Construction & Editing
8. Acquisition Strategies, What are the optimium conditions for drone mapping? Weather, sensor type and altitude.
9. Multi-Rotors Vs. Fixed Wing Acquisition Methods
End of day mixer and Q & A with instructors
Day 2: Image Acquisition via Practical Flight Missions
- Students are in the field flying and learning acquisition strategies and techniques
De-Brief: Rules of Take Off, Landing and M.O.C.A. Searching
Mission 1: Learn how to use multiple acquisition apps and setups to access the utilization of terrain awareness. Use Pix4D Capture and Map Pilot to acquire images with a basic method to ensure facade data capture.
Mission 2: Learn how to use Orbital Data Capture Method Secrets to fill in blank spots of models and create the most life like models for historical preservation, interactive marketing, video game environment modeling, or VFX modeling.
Mission 3: Learn how to use manual flight capture methods to create models the competition won't be able to replicate.
Students will learn how to "pull" ground control points with RTK GPS and PPK GPS thanks to our Sponsor Propeller Aero.
Day 3: Advanced Processing, GCP Challenge, & Deliverables
- Students are back in the classroom diving into the following:
1. Learn how to accurately merge models and learn when it is necessary to do so. Utilize data obtained during Day 2 flight missions.
2. Learn Point Cloud Editing using 4 unique methods taught only by Drone U. These are the techniques that will allow you to wow your clients with stunningly appealing models.
3. Learn how to scale maps when GCP's are available.
4. Learn the intricacies of Ground Control Point (GCP) GPS: RTK vs. PPK vs PPP. Whats the difference?
5. Learn how to create poly lines and obtain linear measurements.
6. Learn how to obtain volumetric measurements in Pix4D and other deliverable solutions.
7. Learn how to export .shp files and geoTIFF standard for TIFF files.
8. Learn how to export .dxf files.